Monday, April 4, 2016

No pressure

This is my self proclaimed comeback season... no pressure

I buy myself a super fast bike that cost me a pretty penny but I need to build my strength up to be able to keep up with it......  no pressure

I am working with a coach who is amazing and changed my entire way of training....  no pressure

My dad buys me race wheels and tells me my current age group is when women in this sport are at their peak performance..... no pressure

My husband doesn't get why I keep doing these since I've already proven it to myself that I can do all the distances.....  no pressure

I spend time away from my son in an already busy schedule to train and have my parents bring him to my races so he can see how strong his mom is..... no pressure


NO PRESSURE....... 

Yet I lie awake at night with my first sprint tri of the season in one week sweating bullets, that I show up to the race late, that I forget my tri suit and am naked at the starting line, that I get a flat on the bike, that I fall apart during the swim, that I am out of breath.... on and on.  Today I am exhausted both from a great weekend of hard workouts and from a horribly restless night of sleep because of the pressure I have put on myself for this upcoming season.  Please dear lord don't let me fall flat on my face that is all I ask for at this point and as long as I leave it all out there on the course let me be happy to participate in a sport that keeps me feeling alive and challenged!!!  Most of all I hope my son is proud of his mom and sees that he is the one that gives me strength to push on when I'm exhausted!


















This weekend on my bike ride I pull up to a red light as a guy is fist pumping yelling " You go girl, you go girl, you go like I use to back in the day all the way to Taos, yeah, yeah!"  As I'm starting back up he is running next to me spilling beer.... yes that is the type of cheer squad you get when you bike certain parts of our town! :-)  Then I swear I'm hearing something and think it's the new wheel set that I'm not use to yet but I look back and see a guy right on my tire! I slow down and pull to the side and he says "Sorry but you were going at a nice clip and I was just hitching a ride" I don't look very amused because I am not very steady on my new bike yet and worry I'm about to cause both of us to wreck!  So he proceeds to ride next to me and chit chat and tries to fist bump me as I turn off the path on my own way.  Dude do you not see me white knuckling it and doing everything I can to maintain! ;-)  I felt super strong on my 7 mile run the next day with hills and feel like a total bad ass when I get home thinking these runs don't take it out of me anymore like they use to.... then I fall asleep trying to read during my sons nap!!!  Ha!!


Happy Training!





No comments: