Well this fiasco involved a second dog one that my husband took to calling JP (juan pedro) not sure why. He was on his way out the door when he said there was a really nice dog outside with no tags. We took him in to get wanded and no chip either. So we put an ad on Craig's list and Animal Humane. Finally the "owner" emailed hubs 3 times changing her story every time from saying she was fostering it to she just can't pick him up or take him back. We were devastated that we were going to have to take him in to the shelter he was so sweet and cute and had sprained his paw getting away from his last place. So as my husband tried to take him out to the car we just couldn't do it. We said we'd keep him until we found him a home. The two dogs got along all right and by the end of the third day our dog was sharing her picnic table (her favorite spot to sit and watch her domain) with JP. This is a time I was very thankful to social media because we were able to get the word out quickly. Long story short with the help of friends we were able to find him an AWESOME home and he may even get to visit from time to time because it's not too far away from us. Two of our awesome friends who also happen to be runners took him in! Thank you so much to everyone that helped!!! We couldn't be happier to have such a great ending to this story. So yes, that was a fiasco! :-) We made sure and called the city and had that person who had abandoned him put on the "no adopt" list so she can't do that again!
Exercise update: I've been working out for three weeks now and each week I've added a mile to my running so I'm up to three miles. Still slow compared to before but feeling great! I still have 15 pounds left to lose but I'm concentrating more on building my endurance back up. I'm lifting weights and getting some tone back which is exciting. I've done a few spin session that left my legs feeling like J-E-L-L-O and haven't managed to make it back in the pool yet. I'm happy for my progress!
On another exciting note a friend and I have decided to put on our first 5k fun run, Festivus 5k for the Rest of Us! It's on December 14 and we are excited to try this out. If this goes well we hope to try it again! If you happen to be in the area check it out! http://www.active.com/albuquerque-nm/running/distance-running/festivus-5k-for-the-rest-of-us-2013
HAPPY TRAINING!
4 comments:
I like reading dog rescue stories. Good for you!
Great doggie rescue story and I love the name your husband gave him.
So sad about the dog's owner, glad they can't adopt any more!!
Glad to hear your work outs are going well :). A 5k will be a blast!
Such a great story! You all are awesome for finding that sweet pooch a home. :)
Love the Festivus 5K! Enjoy it!
Post a Comment