Monday, September 20, 2010

Renewed Entusiasm

A few things have happened in the last few months that have made me renew my enthusiasm towards sports and specifically triathlons.  I did a four mile obstacle course run over the weekend with ankle brace and all.  It was handicap run which means they start you based on your normal 5k time and everyone should roughly finish around the same time.  I finished LAST even with the help from the handicapped times and I was so exhausted!  I had a blast reconnecting with fellow runners and the endorphin rush was making me feel invincible.  I realized although my ankle is still sore and sometimes swells the worst is over with the sprain.  NO more EXCUSES! 

I have also noticed over the last month or so that my pants selection is getting smaller and smaller only because my waist is getting bigger and bigger!  Arrg!  I refuse to spend money on a new wardrobe to fit this expanding waste line.  I realized I have now gone 2 triathlon seasons since my Ironman without officially announcing my own return.  I keep having excuses why not this season, there was being sick, head injury at the end of ski season, sprained ankle I could go on and on!  But I have to shake myself a little and jump back on.  I may not be fast but I have the mental endurance to make it through tough distances.  I realized the goal of having a race that I signed up for is necessary to keep me in check.  I love cooking and eating what I cook and never had a wardrobe malfunction due to how active I've always been. 

Well, the metabolism hit a wall and I am in serious need of a mind, body and soul jump start!  I sleep better, like people and find joy in the little things in life more often when I am pushing my body to its limits.  So it is official I am announcing to myself it is TIME!  My first triathlon of next season will be February and ski season will not be an off season I will be skiing as well as training up to be ready for triathlon season.  I am excited and rejuvenated.  I kick this off with a 5 mile run with a killer hill after work so here I come!  Next will be dusting the cobwebs off my favorite bike and enter a fun Halloween ride.  See you on the road.... (please don't run me over)


No comments: