Monday, November 29, 2010

Post Thanksgiving Fallout

Thanksgiving was a success as far as food, friends, family, outdoors, relaxation, sleep goes.  As far as workout status I'm a little bummed.  On Thursday I managed to run 1 mile warm up, 8 hill sprints, and 1 mile cool down and it wasn't too cold.  The bf was complaining about his knee but I felt really good.  On Friday we took the entire family for a hike (about 3 miles), including the new pup and it was awesome weather.  Sat we started out on our 15 mile run and I felt awesome but bf still having knee problems.  Then about mile 4 he actually passed me and the wind hit me like a ton of bricks.  It slowed me down and I got very chilled!  We made it to 6.5 miles then decided to catch a ride back to town instead of finishing the run.  My ankle was swollen I think due to post soccer and hiking strain on the old sprain.  On Sunday we drove back and I had every intention of working out but when the weather didn't cooperate I decided to clean and decorate the house.   :-(

I'm torn I had an awesome weekend but am feeling desperate when I think about how far behind we are in our marathon training!  Wish me luck in hopes of catching up next weekend!  Tonight I have an 8:20pm soccer game and I hope I don't agitate the swollen ankle.  I can do this!  I won't let others influence my workout frame of mind and I won't be so easily swayed by extenuating circumstances, starting NOW!

No comments: